Kalyug a 2005 hindi film saw Emraan Hashmi in a significant role. Though he was not the male lead yet he shined as his screen-presence for a little time span made a deep impact. The movie had a strong subject, it was about the blue film making industry that finds its basis on human trafficking. The character of Ali was instrumental in letting the hero(played by Kunal Khemu) reach and expose the real face of this dark world and revenge his wife’s(played by Smilie Suri) death.
The film deals with a newly married couple caught on camera at a hotel during their honeymoon. The video is released on the Internet and the bride ultimately commits suicide. The husband, in pursuit of revenge, delves into the world of underground pornography, eventually travelling to Amsterdam and Switzerland to seek out the criminals of the underground pornography industry that profited from the film.
Amrita Singh played the lead villain role in the film extremely well.
Some other interesting facts about Kalyug –
* Mohit Suri wanted Sunny Leone to play the role of Anita, but things didn’t work out and eventually Deepal Shaw was cast.
* This was director Mohit Suri’s second movie after Zeher.
* “Jiya Dhadak Dhadak..” was sung by the maestro Rahat Fateh Ali
Khan, while “Aadat” was sung by Atif Aslam.The music of the film was a rage.
* This was the first movie after a spate of films where Emraan Hashmi did not kiss onscreen.
* The film was first named Blue Film, but due to the controversial name, it was changed to Kalyug.
* Emraan Hashmi was awarded and praised for his critical role in the film.
* Debutant actress Smily Suri is Director Mohit Suri’s sister and
Emraan Hashmi’s cousin